Activities & Services
The Rose Cottage is just not just a senior daycare, its a Country Club, without the pretense! The Rose Cottage of Texas provides every client a FREE assessment by a licensed professional prior to enrollment. We are unique in that we can provide daycare as well as arrange for in home care. Many times, this combination, along with family support can prevent the member from institutionalization.
Our members enjoy many activities and socialization throughout the day. For those who require more than just daycare, we can provide a caretaker, for care in your own home, at night. All care is delivered by our skilled and compassionate staff, supervised by our RN.
- Dementia Care
- Basic Care
- Personal Care
- Nursing Care
- Coordinate Medical Prescriptions
We arrange for transportation to and from our member’s home and our center. We will also make arrangements for visits to medical appointments. Clients requiring strenuous help, or who require “lift” services, are transported personal means, our home care service or by MITS and other third party transportation companies.
Although not always the case, many of our clients have Alzheimer’s or some form of Dementia. We pride ourselves in helping clients with these problems; without placing them in an institutional setting. One of the ways our daycare creates a warm, homey feeling is by mainstreaming dementia patients with others who do not have dementia. Our other members may not have any dementia, but have disabilities including macular degeneration, stroke disabilities, wheel chair bound, cerebral palsy, or Parkinson’s. But our members pull together as a team to help each other. We provide everyone the opportunity to help with the garden, set the table, help direct crafts, exercise and play games to the best of each individual’s capabilities.
We provide an introduction to an institution for many members that may someday require it. For example for safety, they may eventually need a lockdown facility. However, right now that is not needed!
In fact, for many cases, we can actually extend or even prevent institutionalization. Depending on the member’s support group, progression of the dementia and the ability to supplement with homecare, many members do not ever leave their own home. And that’s what we know is best for everyone!
We will help recognize the need as well as any transition that you as a family decide is best for your loved one.
Our dedicated Activities Director develops fun, meaningful activities that will keep our members engaged throughout the day. We provide them a “full” day so that when they come home, they will be ready to relax. All activities are optional and have substitute activities. Some are gender based, and other activities are for everyone. All activities are based on cognitive and physical abilities rather than disabilities. We publish our menus and activities a month before they are scheduled.
- Conversation and socialization
- Piano, organ, Karaoke and sing-alongs
- Dancing and musical programs
- Red hat ladies, doll & tea parties.
- Queen for a Day/This is Your Life
- Current events, news and sports readings
- Couch-gating for TCU, Cowboys, Ranger, and Maverick games.
- Military Day – honoring our veterans
- Word and trivia games such as word finds, cross words, Scrabble, word puzzles, riddles, brain teasers, hang man, five alive, etc.
- Games like dominoes, bingo, farkle, checkers, chess, Uno, gin
- Therapy dogs, petting zoo
- Arts & crafts
- Exercises. Chair exercises, stretching and light weights. We also throw the ball and weather permitting, get some sun while we are exercising.
- Movie days – Westerns, comedies
- Birthday, anniversary celebrations
Basic Services Available
- Breakfast-Lunch-Snacks (Prepared by local restaurants)
- Daily Activities (Group and Individual)
- Socialization and Interaction
Personal Care Services
- Transport to Doctor Appointments.
- Morning Grooming
- Men’s shaves
- Hair Shampoo & blow dry
- Nail care with hand and arm massage
- Foot care, nails trimmed with foot and leg massage
- Professional, licensed salon services for ladies or men
The Rose Cottage has a nurse on staff at all times. We do this because our clients have conditions that often require a higher level of care.
- Supervised by our Director of Nursing
- Medication reminders or administration
- Blood pressure monitoring
- Glucose testing
- Assistance and monitoring of oxygen
- Medical treatments
- Monitor weight
- Toileting reminders
- Assistance with toileting/incontinence care
- Assistance with transfers ambulation
All our lunches are purchased and served piping hot from popular restaurants such as Cotton Patch, Mimi’s, Black Eyed Pea, Raising Cane’s, etc. They may not be able to go to all the currently trending restaurants, so we will bring the restaurants to them. All meals and snacks are included for a low, per day fee of $10.
All menus are approved by our licensed nutritionist and meet caloric and nutritional requirements for seniors. We also cater to special diets such as low salt or diabetic diets. Alternatively, you can bring your own food and we will serve the meal according to your wishes.
We will assist with feeding, provide prompts/cures, cut up meats and help with choking precautions.
We also provide continental breakfast, a morning snack, and an afternoon snack. We can monitor caloric intake, hydration and elimination and can provide that information to you and your doctor.
Coordinate Medical Prescriptions
Many clients have a hard time keeping proper account of their medications and an even harder time trying to coordinate fulfillment and delivery of their prescriptions from a pharmacy. To ensure having the right medicines and the right quantities, we will work with the client, his family and the client’s physicians as a team so that our clients are on the proper regimen.
We work closely with local agencies and therapists to ensure that clients needing physical therapy are provided safe and ample room for their therapies and to allow sufficient time for the sessions to be completed at a comfortable pace. Staff can assist families in the provision of the following services. We can also assist with therapy between sessions.
- Physical Therapy
- Occupational Therapy
- Speech Therapy (for language and/or swallowing difficulties)
- Restorative Services